Park It Right!
Please park safely and considerately at drop off and collection. Obstructing roads and double parking your vehicle could simply mean the difference between firefighters attending a fatality or saving a life.
Follow these five easy steps to help you park it right:
1. Park close to the kerb – a little distance makes a big difference
2. Mirrors in – moving your mirrors in can create even more space for a fire engine to get through.
3. Park straight – it might be easier for you to get out, but if our engines can’t get by, someone else may suffer the consequences.
4. Straighten your wheels – every little helps.
5. Junctions and bends – a fire engine needs more space than you might think. Parking on a junction or a bend may stop us getting to where we need to.